Backburner

Backburner
Photo: Graur Codrin (click photo to link)

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Drop and Cover (1950s)


I think that I must have entered a time-warp because I suddenly feel a need to drop to the floor and cover my head with my arms to ward off a Radical Liberal attack.

The item pictured came in the mail, urging me to vote absentee and save Michigan for the Republicans...or else.

Pictured are: 1) Marching members of the Taliban--with a banner saying "America, We Are Coming"; 2) Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, and Michael Moore; 3) The Michigan economy falling off a chart; and money being "squandered by Liberal Democrats". The accompanying text identifies Jennifer Granholm and Debbie Stabenow as the chief threats to "everything we care about". (How's that for hyperbole?)

I am offended.

No comments: